Sweet Laurel Savory Cookbook
From the two women behind Los Angeles’s Sweet Laurel Bakery, praised for their inventive and beautiful approach to grain-free, refined-sugar-free, and gluten-free food, comes their second cookbook, Sweet Laurel Savory: Everyday Decadence for Whole-Food, Grain-Free Meals (Clarkson Potter). Laurel Gallucci and her creative director, Claire Thomas, help readers enjoy the same principle that they introduced in the Sweet Laurel cookbook--delicious simplicity (rather than restriction)--applied this time to the world of savory baking and cooking, including breads, pizza, pastas, quiches, pot pies, bowls, and more.
Some Chapter and recipe highlights include:
- BREAKFAST: Turmeric Waffles; Maple Bacon Caramelized Onion Rolls; Sunny-Side-Up Mushroom Mini Galettes
- APPETIZERS, SIDES AND DIPS: Sweet Potato and Spinach Empanadas; Caramelized Lemon Broccoli Salad; Mac and Cheese with Rustic Croutons
- SOUPS AND SALADS: Chili Bread Bowl; Watermelon Crispy Pita Bowl; Avocado Fattoush Salad
- SANDWICHES: Roasted Cauliflower Steak Sandwich; No-Garbanzo Falafel; Adobo Roasted Chicken Tacos
- PIES, PIZZA, AND FLATBREADS: Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin; Scallion Pancakes; Sicilian Pan Pizza
- FEAST: Whole Roasted Chicken with Croutons; Rack of Lamb with Roasted Sweet Potatoes; Salsa Verde Enchiladas with Coconut Crema
Whether you’re looking for simpler recipes, seeking a better approach to eating well, or struggling with an allergy that has prevented you from enjoying the food you love, Sweet Laurel Savory will change the way you cook.
SWEET LAUREL SAVORY
Everyday Decadence for Whole-Food, Grain-Free Meals
By Laurel Gallucci and Claire Thomas